This question gets bandied around an awful lot with new DMs. The fact that the game is titled Dungeons and Dragons sort of keys the prospective game runners that two things have to make...
- How to Build a Dungeon for D&D 5e: What is a Dungeon?
- 3 Reasons I Won’t Shut Up About Blades in the Dark.
- 8 Campaign Ideas and Pitches for Your Single Character Race D&D 5e Game
- Here Be Dragons: 7 Mapping Programs for D&D 5e (and every other game too!)
- Roofballers: a Homebrew Sports Crew for Blades in the Dark